- Communication and Engagement
- Carrboro In Motion
Carrboro In Motion
|Thanks to our participating community partners! |
March 25, 2023
April 8, 2023
May 13, 2023
June 9, 2023
|Town of Carrboro||Carrboro Transportation Choices|
|El Centro Hispano||Orange County Library|
|Bike Carrboro||Chapel Hill Transit|
|Orange County Health Department||Carrboro Run Club|
Community in Motion Fest/Festival de la Comunidad en Movimiento is coming soon to your neighborhood! We look forward to a variety of activities:
- Live Zumba class led by Oscar Garcia. Come join in!
- Chapel Hill Transit will provide a bus and information about routes, and tips like how to load a bike on a bus.
- Bike and ped resources from repair stations for bicycles, map and routing resources, and reflective gear and bike lights (while supplies last)
- Mobile Health Unit from El Centro providing basic health screenings and information about exploring greenways for recreation
- Town Programs: Staff from Communication and Engagement will provide general information from across all town services including volunteer opportunities and ways to connect with programs.
- Recreation Programs: The Town’s Party Trailer will provide games and activities for children.
- New Resident packet information
- Snacks and drinks provided!
Community in Motion Fest/Festival de la Comunidad en Movimiento aims to bring people and community assets together to improve lifestyles by:
- Creating awareness of available services offered by local government and non-profit agencies
- Encouraging health and wellness
- Promoting environmentally friendly habits and lifestyle
- Supporting opportunities for conversation and dialogue
- Increasing neighbor-to-neighbor participation and engagement with local government
- Creating a welcoming spirit of community where everyone belongs
- Inspiring leadership through opportunities to serve as neighborhood liaisons, apply for advisory boards and commissions, and more.
For more information, contact Communication & Engagement Director Catherine Lazorko at firstname.lastname@example.org